If you are not quite ready for a call, text can be a great first step.
We’re here for you 24/7
What to do
- To start a text conversation simply send a text to 988.
What you can expect when you text:
- To connect with a 988 crisis counselor who cares about what you are going through and who wants to help
- To be treated with empathy, compassion, patience, and respect
- To be heard, understood, and supported with confidentiality and objectivity
- To have someone help you figure out what you need right now and help you get it
If you live outside of the USA you can search for a local hotline here:
*If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, or in need of medical assistance please call 911
Copyright © 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline